Thursday, February 9, 2012

Carmax Kiss

Great "FIRST KISS" stories turned in everyone!

The WINNER is Carmax Kiss. More stories are to come . . .


I had my first kiss when I was 14. That should be a red flag right there.

We had been "dating" (by dating I mean looking at each other awkwardly in public without acknowledging the other and then later holding hands under a blanket without saying a word) for two months.

Man, I thought it was love.

Also, my friends had all kissed boys, so I figured I was ready (another red flag).

The day it happened it was my friend Katie's birthday party and I had curled my hair in hopes of a smooch. I remember going to the party and we said hello to each other and at one point talked for a whole five minutes in front of other people. Sparks were flying!

All the couples decided to go on a "walk" together with the birthday girl and her man. My beau and I tagged along and at the end of the block when everyone turned right, we turned left. We talked about basketball and how he had just seen Coach Carter and then I talked about Black Eyes Peas even though I hated them. I just really wanted to sound cool, ok? He held my hand and my little heart fluttered. This was it! Curling my hair had paid off!

We walked up to some horses and started petting them. One snapped at me and for a moment I thought I was to be an amputee instead of a "kiss-ee". So frightened I let out my most terrified scream. Let me just say that this scream is not a delicate one. It was deep like a fog horn. I think I scared him by that more than I was scared of the horse. Luckily he looked past it and I could tell this was the moment. This was when I was finally going to be a woman!

I closed my eyes and puckered my lips as best as I could. I had just slathered on about a pound of lip chap on my lips so I was sure they were going to be soft. I waited for this life changing moment.

Finally it happened... and he missed. Half on my nose and half on my upper lip I got a big slobbery 0.1 second kiss. Good thing he got a little bit of my lip and was able to taste my lip chap. "caramex?" he asked.

I said yes. He made a disgusted face and replied, "I don't really like caramex..."

My life is so romantic.

No comments:

Post a Comment